Tuesday, June 12, 2018 / by Monique 'Moey' Nichols
* Is NOT paper but a cotton & linen blend with red & blue silk fibers running through it, starched for water resistance & pressed to make it crisp.
On The Front of the Bill you'll see:
* A picture of George Washington, placed on the $1 bill in 1869, replacing Salmon P. Chase, the Secretary of the Treasury & 1st person to be pictured on the $1 bill, in 1863.
* The green Seal of the United States Treasury.
* The scales of balance - a balanced budget.
* A carpenter's T-square - a tool used for an even cut.
* A key to the United States Treasury.
On The Back of the Bill you'll see:
* Two circles that comprise the Great Seal of the United States.
* In the left circle, a pyramid whose face is lighted but the west side is dark, signifying that the west had yet to be explored.
* The pyramid is uncapped signifying the country was not yet finished.
* Inside the pyramid ca ...